Cibrone and Sons has been providing the Pittsburgh area with it's finest baked goods and Italian specialties since 1955, when the late Michael "Mickey" and Della Cibrone opened a small family-operated bakers on the North Side. By 1965, the business had outgrown its location and moved to a 2,000-square-foot location in Baldwin Township, where it continued to flourish.
Current owners Jim and Irene Cibrone took over the business from his two brothers in 1983, carrying on the bakery's proud family tradition. Two years later, the Cibrones were again ready to expand, this time to the location the business still occupies, a 10,000-square-foot bakery on Grove Road in Castle Shannon. The facility houses the bakery, which continues to produce the finest Italian pastries, cakes, cookies, pizza dough and breads, as well as a complete Italian retail food store, which offers a selection of pastas, sauces, cheeses, and a wide variety of speciality items.
Cibrone's continues on as a family-opened and operated institution, with Jim and Irene's sons, James and Chris, and niece Raeann assisting in running the business. With a heritage this proud and products this good, it is no wonder that for generations, thousands have sought out Cibrone's!